Registration Of Trademark In Portugal
The National Institute of Industrial Property (INPI) deals with the issue of ensuring the protection of industrial property rights and trademark (TM) registration in Portugal, and also ensures the protection of rights to the exclusive use of TM.
*the order is submitted as soon as possible depending on the design perspectives submitted by the customer.
The First Legal Portugal company provides comprehensive support for TM registration. The specialists of our company will help you to prepare a set of documents for submission, we will advise you on any issue related to industrial property.
A Trademark is a sign/designation that distinguishes the services and goods of one business among the same businesses. There are other types of registered signs such as logos, designations of origin, geographical indications, collective marks and certification or guarantee marks.
Signs, that are not subject to registration in INPI:
- Signs that are already registered;
- Signs that may mislead the end consumer of receiving services or goods;
- Signs that contain religious symbols (unless these symbols are used in everyday language);
- Signs that contradict morality;
- Signs that infringe the rights of third parties or create conditions of unfair competition;
- Signs that contain state symbols, emblems, coats of arms, names and portraits of people without permission, etc.
A Mark may contain combinations of words and images, sounds, pictures, colors, numbers and other elements that are not prohibited by law. In Portugal, Mark is registered in 2 ways:
- In paper form.
Before applying for TM / Marca registration, you should make sure that:
- There is no such mark similar or identical to your TM;
- Your mark allows your product to be distinguished and identified among other similar products.
The specialists of the First Legal Portugal company:
- They will conduct a preliminary search for the identity of the Mark;
- They will prepare a set of documents for you to submit, both online and in paper form;
- Consult on any issue related to trademarks;
- The Mark registration service will be provided in a timely and high-quality manner.